Issued 04:00 PM PDT 08 June 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light this evening then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming light Friday morning then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 early Friday afternoon except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light Friday evening.
Showers Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Howe SoundIssued 4:00 PM PDT 08 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 8 June 2023 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located from the North Coast to
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located from the North
Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening trough located on a line
north-south over the offshore waters.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday building ridge located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 8 June 2023 A ridge of high pressure will remain quasi-stationary over Explorer
today. Ahead of the ridge, gale force westerlies will develop over
Juan de Fuca Strait early this evening and then ease overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: