Issued 04:00 AM PDT 10 July 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southerly inflow 15 knots near noon except southwesterly inflow 25 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light this evening then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light Saturday morning then becoming southerly inflow 15 Saturday afternoon except southwesterly inflow 25 over northern sections.
Showers Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 04:00 AM PDT 10 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 10 July 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 10 July 2020 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
Waters this morning and Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. The front
Will weaken this evening and lie in a northeast to southwest
Line over Cape Scott by early Saturday morning then dissipate while
moving across Vancouver Island on Saturday.
Ahead of the front, southerly gales will develop over central waters
up to Dixon Entrance East this morning and gradually ease in the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: