Issued 04:00 PM PDT 07 April 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light late Wednesday morning then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming light Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 4:00 PM PDT 07 April 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 7 April 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 7 April 2020 A frontal system will cross the northern waters tonight and
Wednesday producing gale force southerly winds over the region. The
winds will ease later Wednesday evening as the system weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: