Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 15 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 20 late Thursday morning then diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Rain ending Thursday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 PM PST 19 January 2022 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will move across the north and
central coasts this evening. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will
continue over the northern and central waters ahead of the system.
A trough rapidly following this frontal system will maintain
southeast gale force winds from Hecate Strait to queen
Charlotte strait. Winds will veer to gale force westerly tonight in
the wake of the trough then ease Thursday morning.
Another front will spread southerly gales to Bowie Thursday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: