Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 February 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots becoming light this afternoon then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming light Monday morning then becoming southerly inflow 10 Monday afternoon. Wind becoming light Monday evening.
Periods of rain ending overnight. Showers Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 February 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today high located southwest of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located over western Bowie.
By noon PST today cold front located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 28 February 2021 A frontal system is over the northern waters tonight with the
associated cold front crossing Haida Gwaii early this afternoon.
The cold front will then reach Northern Vancouver Island by late
Ahead of this approaching system strong to gale force south to
southwesterly winds will prevail over northern waters today.
Over southern and central waters winds will rise to strong to gale
force southerly ahead of the approaching cold front during the day.
Winds will shift to northwest and ease in the wake of this front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: