Issued 09:30 PM PDT 12 August 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots after midnight then diminishing to light Saturday morning. Wind becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Saturday except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections.
Showers overnight and Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 9:30 PM PDT 12 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 12 August 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday deepening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: