Issued 07:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots becoming southerly inflow 15 this evening then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to light late Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southerly inflow 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon then diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Rain with a risk of thunderstorms changing to showers this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 7:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 September 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 984 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1008 mb located south of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1002 mb located over the Washington
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PDT 26 September 2023 An intense low will move from Northern Bowie to the Alaskan Panhandle
by Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies
persist over northern waters. Meanwhile, gale force northwesterlies
shift to westerly over Bowie as the low departs.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: