Issued 04:00 AM PST 15 November 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 late this morning then becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southerly inflow 15 to 25 near noon Saturday.
Rain changing to showers late this morning then to rain Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 15 November 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 977 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 a.m. PST today departing low 982 mb located over the Gulf
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 15 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system will cross the offshore waters tonight and
the coastal waters on Saturday. Gale to storm force southerly winds
will develop over most BC waters this evening and continue through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: