Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 November 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 this afternoon. Wind southerly inflow 5 to 15 tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 November 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday By 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:11 AM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system over the Central Coast will continue to weaken
today. Gale force outflow winds over Dixon east will diminish near
noon. A second front will move up from southwest of Explorer to lie
over Queen Charlotte Sound this evening. Southerly gales over
Explorer and the west coast of Vancouver Island will spread to
central waters this afternoon.
A third approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over the offshore waters Thursday evening then spread to
central and northern waters overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: