Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 November 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots near noon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 Monday.
Rain ending this afternoon. Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 November 2019 Today Tonight and Monday By 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today departing trough located near Prince Rupert.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 17 November 2019 A trough of low pressure near Prince Rupert will continue to give
marginal gale force westerly winds over northern and central
Waters today. The winds will ease later this afternoon as the system
Westerly gales will develop through the eastern sections of Juan de
Fuca Strait this afternoon as a ridge of high pressure builds over
A low pressure system will move into Explorer on Monday bringing east
to southeast gales.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: