Issued 10:30 AM PDT 10 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots except southwest 15 to 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light this evening then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming light Thursday morning then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Thursday except northeasterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections.
Showers this afternoon and this evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 10 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1015 mb located over Explorer.
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing low 1016 mb located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 10 August 2022 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure is currently producing strong to
gale force northerly winds to areas in the vicinity of Haida Gwaii
and off North Vancouver Island.
The winds will ease to moderate to strong northerlies tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: