Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 20 early this morning then becoming variable 5 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 Friday evening.
Rain or snow changing to scattered showers or flurries early this morning and ending Friday morning. Periods of rain or snow Friday afternoon and evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing trough from low located over
Prince Rupert to McInnes Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located west of the Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 a.m. PST Friday intensifying low 990 mb located west
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 985 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure extending from Prince Rupert to McInnes
Island will move eastward into interior BC departing the coastal
regions. The associated gale to storm force northwesterlies will ease
over parts of the central and northern waters this morning.
A low located over the Gulf of Alaska will approach the Alaskan
Panhandle and maintain gale force westerlies over Bowie today.
On Friday, an intensifying low will move into Southwestern Explorer.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of the southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: