Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 July 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 near noon except southwesterly inflow 15 to 20 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 after midnight. Wind diminishing to southerly inflow 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday except southwesterly inflow 15 to 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 July 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 July 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: