Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 this morning and to southeast 25 to 35 this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 to 30 this evening then becoming southwest 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Wednesday morning then veering to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms today and early this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 976 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 26 September 2023 An intense low will remain over Bowie today before moving north
towards the Alaskan Panhandle Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low,
gale to storm force southeasterlies over central and northern coastal
waters will gradually ease to strong to gale force today.
In its wake, strong to gale force westerlies will persist over the
offshore waters today and tonight, before spreading to northern
waters early Wednesday morning.
Across the inner South Coast, gale force southeasterlies over Strait
of Georgia - north of Nanaimo will ease this afternoon.
Additionally, conditions are favourable for waterspout development
over Explorer and west coast Vancouver Island today and tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: