Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 December 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots except southeast 35 near the mainland coast. Wind becoming south 35 to 45 late this afternoon then becoming southeast 40 to 50 this evening. Wind veering to south 50 to 60 near midnight then diminishing to west 25 Tuesday morning. Wind backing to south 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Rain ending Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 16 December 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 December 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today warm front located 30 miles west of Cape
By 4:00 p.m. PST today warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 16 December 2019 A warm front extending from Hecate Strait toward Cape Scott this
morning will approach the Central Coast this afternoon. Ahead of the
system, southeasterly gales prevail across the northern and central
A stronger frontal system will approach Explorer this afternoon and
move onto Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm force southeast winds
will develop ahead of the system. Winds will shift to strong westerly
in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: