Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 September 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late Thursday afternoon.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches overnight and Thursday morning. Rain Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 September 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located south of Explorer.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing low located near the Washington
At 1:00 a.m. PDT Thursday trough located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located near Langara.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Explorer extending
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located from the Central Coast
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: