Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 02 October 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 late overnight and to south 25 to 35 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming west 25 Tuesday afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 02 October 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 2 October 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Vancouver.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Hecate Strait to
At 2:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PDT 2 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii early Tuesday
bringing gale force southerly winds to Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: