Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots backing to northeast 15 to 25 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 25 Wednesday morning and to southeast 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers this morning Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing warm front located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 29 September 2020 A warm front crossing Northern Bowie will continue to produce gale
force easterly winds over the region through early this afternoon.
The associated cold front will approach Bowie late this afternoon.
Southeasterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
this afternoon then spread to central and northern coastal waters
tonight. The cold front will gradually weaken through Wednesday.
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through Douglas
Channel tonight with the approaching cold front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: