Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 May 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this afternoon then becoming west 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 early Monday morning then diminishing to light Monday afternoon.
Rain this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over eastern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 22 May 2022 Ahead of a frontal system over Bowie, southeast winds will rise to
strong to marginal gale force west of Haida Gwaii late this morning.
Strong to marginal gale force southeast winds are also expected for
Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East this afternoon and
early evening. Winds will veer to strong westerlies in the wake of
the front late today.
Extensive fog and stratus blankets the outer waters this morning but
will dissipate today as the frontal system passes.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: