Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 05 May 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to south 25 near noon Thursday.
Showers this evening and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 05 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 5 May 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 994 mb located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low 993 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 PM PDT 5 May 2021 A low just southwest of Bowie offshore will move northward and stall
over Bowie tonight. Ahead of the low, southeasterly gale force
Winds will spread throughout northern, central and offshore waters
Winds will veer to westerly gale force over Southern Bowie, southern
west coast Haida Gwaii and Queen Charlotte Sound by early Thursday
morning. Southeast gales will persist for most of the North Coast on
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: