Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind southeast 5 to 15 Friday.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches ending near noon. Rain tonight and Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PDT 29 September 2022 A frontal system passing to the north will clip Northern Bowie on
Friday evening giving marginal gale force southerly winds.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: