Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 03 December 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 45 to 55 early Monday morning then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday afternoon. Wind backing to southeast 35 to 45 Monday evening.
Rain overnight and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 03 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 2:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At midnight PST tonight approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 3 December 2023 A frontal system over Central Vancouver Island will weaken and move
eastward out of the region this afternoon. Strong to gale force
southeast winds ahead of the front will shift to strong to
Gale force westerly through Juan de Fuca Strait behind the system.
Widespread gale force southwesterlies are occurring over northern
And central waters today and are expecting to ease this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: