Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 near noon then becoming southeast 10 to 20 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 after midnight and to southeast 30 to 40 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Sunday morning then diminishing to southwest 20 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Rain overnight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 26 September 2020 An intense Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters
from the west this evening and reach the North Coast Sunday
afternoon. Southeast gale to storm force winds will develop ahead of
this system over the northern waters tonight and over the central
waters Sunday. In the wake of the system, winds will shift to strong
to gale force southwesterlies except storm force over Northern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: