Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 March 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 after midnight then backing to southeast 10 to 20 early Saturday morning.
Rain ending after midnight. Showers Saturday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 March 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough located north of Bowie.
At 8:00 p.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary cold front located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PDT 22 March 2019 A trough of low pressure over the northern waters will continue
northward to reach the Alaska Panhandle late overnight.
Marginal southerly gale force winds through Hecate Strait this
evening will become strong southeast following the passage of the
Another front will approach from offshore on Saturday spreading
strong to gale force southeasterlies to the offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: