Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 13 June 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 25 late this evening. Wind backing to southeast 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind southeast 10 to 20 Monday.
Showers tonight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 13 June 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 13 June 2021 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located east of Cape St. James.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Langara.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 13 June 2021 A low pressure centre to the east of cape St. James will track
northwards to lie near Langara after midnight.
As the low moves northwards, strong to gale force southerly winds
will develop to the east of the low from Eastern Queen Charlotte
Sound to Southern Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: