Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 17 November 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late this evening. Wind becoming north 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Rain beginning near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 07:42 AM PST 17 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 17 November 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 988 mb located near the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low 997 mb located near the Gulf of
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low 1004 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday low 996 mb located over southeastern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 17 November 2017 A low pressure system will remain over the Gulf of Alaska through
tonight. Gale force southwesterly winds will continue over most
northern and central waters today and this evening.
Another low pressure system will develop west of Explorer Saturday
morning. The system will move northeastward across Explorer and
Reach Southern Hecate Strait late Saturday afternoon. The associated
front will remain on a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte
Sound. Gale to storm force southerly winds will develop over central
and southern waters on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: