Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 15 July 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 20 late overnight and to light early Thursday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 15 July 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 15 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure offshore combined with daytime heating will
create a strong to marginal gale westerly inflow early this evening
over Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait. The strong to marginal gale force
winds will ease Thursday morning then redevelop late Thursday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: