Issued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early this morning and to south 35 to 45 this morning. Wind increasing to south 50 to 60 near noon then diminishing to southwesterly 30 to 40 near midnight. Wind southwest 25 to 35 Tuesday.
Showers changing to rain near noon and ending Tuesday morning. Showers beginning Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 10 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system is approaching the offshore waters this
morning. The system will move eastward and lie north to south from
the Alaskan Panhandle to Southern Explorer by late this afternoon.
Gale to storm force southerly winds will spread across most northern
and central waters today and then to the South Coast tonight. Winds
will shift to gale force westerlies after the passage of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: