Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 September 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 September 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1005 mb located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening low located near Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PDT 21 September 2018 A low pressure centre continues to slowly track across Southern
Explorer and will weaken tonight as it nears Tofino. In the wake of
the low, gale force northwesterlies over Explorer - south will
diminish overnight as a ridge of high pressure approaches the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: