Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 near noon and to variable 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming light near midnight then increasing to variable 5 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind becoming north 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Rain ending near noon. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southeastern Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located from Haida Gwaii to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located on a line east-west
over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 18 June 2021 Gale force westerlies across Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait
will ease to strong westerlies early Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: