Issued 10:30 AM PST 06 March 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday morning.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 10:30 AM PST 06 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 March 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating trough located over the Lower
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 PM PST 6 March 2021 A front currently over the offshore waters will reach Haida Gwaii
early this evening.
Southeast gales have developed over the offshore waters and will ease
this evening. The winds will continue to spread across most marine
waters tonight as the front approaches.
A 985 MB low will approach Bowie before Sunday morning. Ahead of the
low, gale force easterly or southerly winds will develop over the
offshore waters. The gale force winds will ease Sunday night as the
low drifts away from the offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: