Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 June 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest 10 to 15 early this evening except southwest 20 over southern sections. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 20 Monday morning.
Rain tonight with a risk of thunderstorms. A few showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 June 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By midnight PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1005 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low located over northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:49 AM PDT 24 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds are expected to return to eastern
portions of Juan de Fuca Strait late this afternoon with the approach
of a cold front. Strong to gale force winds will persist through to
late Monday morning.
Winds are also expected to be gusty and shifting direction this
afternoon in the Southern Strait of Georgia with the approach of the
front. Strong northwesterlies on the mainland side will approach 25
knots early this evening before shifting to southerly and easing to
moderate late this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: