Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind southwest 15 to 25 tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over southern
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 24 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is producing strong
inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this morning. These winds
are expected to reach gale force this afternoon and will persist
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: