Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 15 knots tonight. Wind southeast 5 to 15 Monday.
Rain changing to showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PST 9 December 2018 The next frontal system will approach the offshore waters Monday
morning. The system will move eastward and lie north to south from
the Alaskan Panhandle to Southern Explorer by Monday afternoon.
Gale to storm force southerly winds will develop tonight over Bowie
then spread to most northern and central waters Monday then to the
South Coast Monday night. Winds will shift to gale force westerlies
after the passage of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: