Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 June 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 knots increasing to southwest 10 to 15 early this evening except southwest 20 over southern sections. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 late overnight then becoming southwest 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon except southwest 20 over southern sections.
A few showers beginning Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 June 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Cape Scott.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line north-south
over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today approaching low 1002 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 23 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds are expected to return to eastern
portions of Juan de Fuca Strait late in the day on Sunday following
the passage of a cold front. These winds will persist through to
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: