Issued 04:00 PM PST 24 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 24 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PST 24 November 2017 A frontal system is stalling across Central Vancouver Island this
afternoon. Ahead of the front, southeasterly strong to gale force
winds are occurring. In the wake of the front, strong southwest winds
can be expected.
Meanwhile a trough crossing Bowie is spreading gale force
southwesterlies over that region tonight.
Another low tracking northward will move over Northwestern Explorer
late Saturday evening. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will
develop ahead of this low over southern and central waters Saturday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: