Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots except southwest 30 over southern sections today. Wind becoming southwest 15 late this evening then diminishing to light late overnight. Wind light Friday.
Showers ending this evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating trough located over Queen
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 20 January 2022 A weakened frontal system over the Lower Mainland will depart the
region this morning. In the wake of the system, gale force
Westerlies will continue through Juan de Fuca Strait this morning and
this evening before easing.
A trough over Queen Charlotte Sound this morning is maintaining
widespread strong to gale force westerlies across most outer and
offshore waters. The trough will rapidly weaken through the day and
the westerlies will ease to generally moderate speeds by this
Another frontal system will stall just west of Bowie tonight and
Friday. During this period, southerly gales will develop across
Bowie and parts of the northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: