Issued 10:30 AM PDT 18 October 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming northeast 5 to 15 knots near midnight then becoming light near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 October 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over central Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PDT 18 October 2021 A strong frontal system moving into the offshore waters will stall
over the region later today. Gale to storm force southerlies ahead of
this system will spread towards the north and central mainland coasts
through the afternoon and persist through Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: