Issued 04:00 AM PDT 14 August 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light this morning then increasing to southwest 10 to 20 this afternoon. Wind southwest 10 to 20 tonight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 14 August 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 14 August 2022 A trough over Haida Gwaii will track east and lie from Hecate
Strait to Northern Vancouver Island mid morning.
As the trough moves up against a ridge of high pressure over the BC
Interior, southerly winds have risen to gale force over northern and
Gale force winds will ease to strong by early Sunday afternoon as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: