Issued 04:00 PM PDT 19 June 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots becoming southerly 10 to 15 early this evening except southwest 15 to 25 over southern sections. Wind becoming southerly 5 to 15 after midnight then becoming southerly 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon except southwest 15 to 25 over southern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 19 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 19 June 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over western
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: