Issued 10:30 AM PST 30 November 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northerly 10 early this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind becoming northeast 15 Thursday morning.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to zero Thursday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 30 November 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over northern BC interior.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday low located northwest of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday low 992 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 30 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will continue to give
gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland inlets today.
The ridge will weaken on Thursday and rebuild on Friday. Over
northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will continue
Today as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland inlets.
An area of low pressure over the South Coast will gradually weaken
today. Northwesterly winds over southern waters will continue to
ease to light late this morning. Over offshore, central and northern
waters, gale to storm force northerlies will continue today and
gradually ease tonight.
Another low pressure system will track southwards across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the low, southerly gales will
develop off the west coast of Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon and
spread to central waters in the evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: