Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light tonight and Thursday.
Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 30 September 2020 A developing frontal system will approach northern offshore waters
late in the day on Thursday. Southeasterly winds will increase
through the afternoon in advance of this system, with strong to gale
force southeasterlies expected for Bowie beginning late Thursday
afternoon and should persist until midnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: