Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 December 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday low 988 mb located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 4 December 2020 A slow moving front will move onto the North Coast this morning and
lie northeast to southwest over Southern Haida Gwaii. Tonight, a
deepening low will approach Northwestern Bowie. The low will draw the
front northward to lie north to south over Haida Gwaii.
Widespread southeast gales with local storm force winds will ease
For some northern regions this afternoon but persist over central
waters. Gale to storm force winds will redevelop across the north as
the low approaches Bowie. On Saturday, the front will weaken but
remain along the coast, giving gale force southeasterlies from Hecate
Strait to Northern Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: