Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 knots except southwest 20 over southern sections. Wind becoming light early this afternoon then becoming easterly 5 to 15 early Tuesday morning.
Showers Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 3:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 24 February 2020 The next weather system will approach the offshore waters today and
continue toward Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm force
southeasterly winds will develop over northern waters ahead of this
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: