Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 27 November 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots except north 15 over northern sections Sunday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 November 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Washington
At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 984 mb located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday trough located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM PST 27 November 2021 A frontal system will cross the Central Coast this evening and the
South Coast tonight. Gale force southeasterly winds over the central
waters will ease to strong southerlies behind the system. Strong to
gale force southeasterly winds over the southern waters will ease to
A low north of Bowie is spreading gale force southwesterlies to the
northern waters this evening. These winds will ease late this evening
as the low moves northward.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: