Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday morning then becoming southwest 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this morning. Rain beginning overnight and changing to showers Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:29 AM PDT 23 May 2022 A new low pressure system will approach Explorer on Tuesday. Ahead of
the system, gale force southeasterly winds are expected for Explorer,
West Vancouver Island north, and Queen Charlotte Sound Tuesday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: