Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 September 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind westerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday morning and to light Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Showers ending Saturday morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low located over the Gulf of
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located west of the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PDT 25 September 2020 Beginning Saturday night, an intense Pacific weather system will
approach the offshore waters from the west. Southeast gale to storm
force winds will develop ahead of this system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: