Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 05 December 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind southwest 5 to 15 Wednesday.
Scattered showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 05 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST tonight building ridge located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:09 AM PST 5 December 2023 Gale force southwesterlies will continue over the northern and
central waters today as a low passes to the northwest of Bowie. Winds
will diminish through the day and tonight as the low weakens and
moves away from the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: