Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 June 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind southwest 15 to 25 Sunday.
A few showers beginning early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 June 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 23 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds are expected to return to eastern
portions of Juan de Fuca Strait late in the day on Sunday following
the passage of a cold front. These winds will persist through to
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: