Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots veering to southwest 20 to 30 this morning then diminishing to north 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to north 20 to 30 overnight and to north 35 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 September 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 1008 mb located over northern
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1005 mb located over
southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying cold front from low located
over northern Explorer.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front from low located over Queen
Charlotte Sound to Tofino.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching low 1007 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 20 September 2018 A low pressure system will move through Northern Explorer late this
morning and into Southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound by late evening
where it will remain stationary until Friday afternoon.
The cold front extending southeastward from this system will lead to
gale force southeasterly winds for Queen Charlotte Sound and the
West coast of Vancouver Island by this afternoon. Southeast
Gales will also develop through the Queen Charlotte Strait and
Johnstone Strait by this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: