Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 01 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots except northwest 15 over northwestern sections Thursday and northeast 20 over northwestern sections Thursday evening.
Rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 01 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 1 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 1 February 2023 An approaching frontal system will track northeastwards across the
offshore waters tonight and Haida Gwaii on Thursday. Southeasterly
gales ahead of this front over southern and central waters late this
evening will spread into northern waters overnight.
The southeast gales will continue through Thursday and increase to
storm force from Dixon Entrance - east to the headlands of Vancouver
Winds will ease to light to moderate southwesterlies over northern
waters Thursday evening but continue to be solid gale force
southeasterlies over the central waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: