Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 08 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 15 early Thursday morning then increasing to northeasterly 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 8 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 8 April 2020 A frontal system will generate gale force southerly winds across the
northern waters today. The winds will ease below gales this evening
as the system weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: