Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 12 November 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots increasing to southerly 45 to 55 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 12 November 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 12 November 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 993 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 PM PST 12 November 2018 A frontal system located over the western sections of Bowie this
afternoon will move eastward crossing Haida Gwaii this evening.
Meanwhile a developing low well offshore this afternoon will deepen
rapidly tonight as it tracks towards the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed over northern
and central waters and off Northwestern Vancouver island this
afternoon as the front approaches. The gales will persist through
this evening then rise to gale to storm force southeasterly overnight
as the low approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: