Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 02 October 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight then becoming west 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 2 October 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Vancouver.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Hecate Strait to
At 2:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PDT 2 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii early Tuesday
bringing gale force southerly winds to Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: