Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 early this evening then veering to northwest 10 to 20 early Monday morning.
A few showers ending early Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday building ridge located off Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 27 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies stationary over Central Vancouver
Island today. A low pressure centre will move northeast over
Haida Gwaii this afternoon then depart through the North Coast this
Strong to gale force southerlies over central and northern waters
will veer into strong westerlies in the wake of the low this evening
as the low departs.
On Monday, a ridge will build over the offshore waters resulting in
gale force northwesterly winds off the west coast of Vancouver
Island and through Johnstone Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: